Wednesday, November 07, 2018

Association Minutes 22/09/2018

As promised at the association meeting here are the minutes of the September meeting. I'll try and post the November minutes as soon as I have them

Glen Allotment Association

Minutes of the meeting held at Glen Allotments on 22nd September 2018 at 10am

Members Present:    Claire Kennard, Chairperson
            John Harper, Vice- person
            Norha Godfrey, Treasurer
            Tara Mason, Secretary
            Efro Tooms,
            Colin , YACIO member

                Dorothy Godfrey
                Dave Mason
                John Harper
                Dave Matthews
                Margaret Matthews
                Suzie Braithwaite
                Mariela Munoz del Valle
                Claudia Peca

Apologies:         Celina and Les Gee
                       Joanna Mikler-Humble
                Andy Holt
                Stephen Mansfield
                Catherine Macodle
                Audrey Johnstone
Minutes of previous meeting Approved

Claire welcomed everyone to the meeting, including YACIO member Colin.

Treasurer’s report
Norah updated us with the bank details and how much we have in the account. Tara still has to change her name at the bank for the account due to recently becoming married. She will do this one she has her marriage certificate back from the DVLA. Claire to have a paper copy of bank statements each month from Nora.  

Membership updates
During the summer Tara dropped off the membership card at Deans Garden Centre so that members can receive 10% off purchases. Norah has kindly said that she will go to Vertigrow to give them one of our membership cards to obtain a discount too. We have recently had more members signing up to the association which is good news. Norah is to give them their membership cards. New membership forms are needed for Claire Kennard, Audrey Johnson, Joanna Miller. Payments have been received from Andy Holt, Gail Holt, Steve Mansfield, Joanna Miller and Audrey Johnson.

How new members obtain their membership cards
New members contact Norah whos details are on the notice board at the allotment
They meet up with Norah and are given a membership form
New members pay £5 to Norah and are given a receipt and membership card.
The completed form is given to Tara
Tara adds details to the database on google docs
Tara passes information to Norah, who then stores the information securely along with bank details.

Portacabin for meetings
Colin inspected the portacabin and suggested that it could be repaired. It needs a new floor and part of the roof. Colin said that YACIO could be approached to see if they could fund the repairs. It was suggested that Nev, who is a fellow tenant could be asked to see if he could make an initial cost of the repairs. Colin to let Claire know if there was a possibility of using the shed by the entrance as a temporary base for meetings. Current one next to the toilet is too dangerous to meet up in. Claire suggested the use of the grey/brown shed as a possible shop for members to buy compost/seeds from. This needs more research and possibly funding too.

Compost toilet update
Efro has kindly offered to bring a light to add to the toilet. Dave offered to find out about obtaining sawdust.

Bays in parking update
John was thanked for doing a temporary repair.

Notice board
Tara has offered to search for one on gumtree but currently is unable to find one. There was a suggestion that we make ones ourselves. To make it laminated? Members to research this. Dave to ask about Howarth company what wood would be best.

Rat control
To be mindful of rubbish collecting on the plots as this makes for homes for rodents. To use rat poison or traps if necessary. It was noted that Colin may be able to borrow some rat traps for our usage.

Marking of tools
This is to be carried over to the next meeting as a date for marking of the tools was not agreed.

Skip to arrive on the 5th October  and will be here until the 8th october.  Some members said they would help.

Colin stated that we would be getting a lock for the front gate to the allotment entrance. Colin has said that he will include cutting back the hedge by entrance as part of the overall tidying up by YACIO. Colin stated that he would look at the arrangements already in place for community plots.

Manure- It was agreed that we would like a supplier.
Database information on google docs to be available to hair, vice chair, treasurer and secretary. All agreed in earlier meeting just before the main one. All members have signed the disclaimer stating that their information can be saved for the purpose of the association.
Minutes on the gardening blog, to send out to members the link for website - John
Water tap notice to be made - Ann
Colin - Invited all members to the Green Lane Allotments Christmas social event on the 8th December. He was thanked for the invite and will let us know more details soon!
Use of subplots/groups
Report on school children's plots
Any future changes to the communal areas should be discussed with association.

Saturday 3rd November at 10am - Glen Allotments

No comments: