Wednesday, November 14, 2018

A Spot Of Paint On The Outside

Work is progressing on the Portakabin. A coat of paint has been applied to the body of the outside. I found the tin of Masonry paint thet Robin had used to paint it dark green about ten years ago and the contents of the tin were usable with about a third of the tin. I also had some masonry paint in white that I had bought probably ten years ago and also still in usable condition. Just to make sure I added a quantity of PVA adhesive to the mix resulting in a rather tasteful lighter green which went on very well. It was all done in between showery days when we had some sunshine this week. We now need some black gloss paint to cover over the peeled areas on the metalwork. I'll have to see what I can scrounge up for that job. Once that is done it will just leave the floor. A bid has been put in to YACIO for funding to do that and we hope to hear sometime soon on that.


No comments: