Wednesday, March 09, 2011

More Sponsorship For Plot 46 for Youngsters With Special Needs

Ongoing sponsorship and fund raising is going to be an important part of keeping this project going after the opening on 9 April. Mr and Mrs I Parker of Parker Developments, Malton Road and Mitchell landscapes have funded and opened a bank account for the purpose of ongoing maintenance of the plot.

So, a big thank you to the Parkers for their generosity and kindness. As Mac says "without these kind friends I would be nowhere near to finishing the plot for 9th April opening".

Keep your eyes open Mac's new welcome sign which will be appearing at the entrance soon.

Have you seen the York Press article on the project? Mac (as opposed to Matt), and Barry want to clarify that other members of the Glen Allotment association have been involved with the work in various capacities. I'll list a few here but I am bound to miss someone, so I'll apologise now for any ommisions, feel free to let me know of any tasks I have missed or people I have missed and I'll amend the post.

Bulb Planting
  • Norah
  • Audrey
  • Ann
  • Sian
  • John
  • Phil and his friends
Weeding
  • Ann
Clearing Up Wind Demolished Greenhouse
  • Dwayne
  • John
Erection of new greenhouse and shed
  • Mac
  • Barry
  • Nev
  • Reg
Keeping tight control on the purse strings and writing cheques when needed!
  • Norah
Rallying the troops for Table Top Sale
  • Joanne

No comments: